You want to capture as much information as needed to easily re-use a term record. Often you need to point to sources, on-line or within your TermBases, where the information is found or where the concept is further explained and illustrated. A quick way is by creating links to URLs or other concepts. You can insert links in any field of type text or list of choice.
Link to an external URL
In Edit mode:
1. Enter the field where you want to add the hyperlink
2. Highlight the text to be hyperlinked
3. Click the Record Hyperlink icon
4. Keep the Hyperlink Type field as URL
5. Type the URL you wish to link to in the URL field
6. Click OK and Apply.
Link to another term or field in a TermBase
Repeat the above steps 1, 2 and 3, then:
4. Select Term as the Hyperlink Type
5. The Term lookup window will open, enter then the text you want to link to in the Search for field
6. Edit the search options to search for an Exact match or not, in the current TermBase or in another one, in a specific Language or Field
7. Click on Search
8. Select the term or field to which you want to link
9. Click OK and Apply.
Are you spending too much time and money on managing MultiTrans TMS access for hundreds or thousands of translation requestors? This might happen for new users, users who need to be removed or users who move to another team.
Eliminate this problem by configuring SSO. This will map information between MultiTrans TMS and your enterprise directory (such as Name, Email, Phone number, Business unit, etc.).
Users are then automatically created upon first login and their details are transferred into MultiTrans. If they leave the company or change department, the information is automatically updated within MultiTrans.
To learn more or to request SSO setup services, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Communication is key to ensure customer satisfaction. A lot of time is spent updating clients on project status, production rates, invoicing volumes or delivery times. Empower your customers and allow them to generate the reports they need, when they need them, directly from the MultiTrans Flow Customer Portal.
Project managers can set up customer access to reports so they can generate the reports for the required time periods and conditions, view them directly on-line or download them in PDF, HTML or Excel.
To set up these reports for customers, configure the system as follows:
1. Click on PCF (Project Creation Form) from the System Parameters section of the Settings
2. Enable the option Show Reports access in Contact infos.
3. In the Customers model, open the details of the customer to have access to self-serve reports
4. Go to the Contacts tab, select the contact, click on Edit
5. Select the checkbox Reports and click on Save
6. Access Report Security from the Enterprise Administration section of the Settings. (If you do not see this option, contact your administrator as this is a right that can be assigned to your provider profile under Administration > Enterprise > Report Security).
7. In the Report Security section, go to the Customer tab and simply select the Customer name and the reports they should be able to view and generate, then click Save.
Once this set-up is completed your customers will be able to log into the Customer portal and view and generate reports. Additionally, their dashboard will also include a list of the most recently generated reports.
MultiTrans 2017 migration scheduling is in full swing. Contact us to reserve your migration timeline and delta training!
You can attend one of our free webinars to discover new components and learn new tips.
Date: January 10 at 9.30 a.m. (EST)
Length: 30 min
Audience: Existing and potential users of MultiTrans and AEM
Why spend time manually exporting files from your content management system (CMS) and sending them to MultiTrans? This process is labor-intensive and can be error prone. It is now possible to automate this step between MultiTrans TMS and AEM 6.1/6.2 Adobe Translation Framework. During this webinar we will demonstrate how the two platforms interact and the simplicity of the workflow.
Date: January 17 at 9.30 a.m. (EST)
Length: 30 min
Audience: Existing and potential users of MultiTrans Flow
Outsourcing services often involves agreeing terms and conditions regarding confidentiality, payment timelines or minimum quality requirements in advance. Terms and conditions may change over time. Keeping track of which vendors have accepted which version of terms and conditions can be a headache! Learn how to automate terms and conditions acceptance enforcement and tracking with this webinar!
Missed a previous webinar? Don’t worry, we recorded them for you so you can view them at your convenience.
Discovery of the new Customer Portal. Click here to view.
Discovery of the new Web Editor. Click here to view.
What is Flow to Flow? How can it help your organization? Click here to view.
Integrate machine translation with MultiTrans for faster translations. Click here to view.
Centralize, manage and share your terminology for consistent communications. Click here to view.
As always, thank you for choosing MultiTrans.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Call – Americas: +1.819.778.7070
Call – Europe: +32.2.213.0020
Call – Asia: +852.2509.2712
Visit: www.dfsco.com/LanguageSolutions and www.MultiTransTMS.com.